Check here regularly for announcements, news, and more affecting the California walnut industry.
We found out just how popular the subject of cognition is with the media when a new research study was announced on walnuts and Alzheimer's disease in October.
Each year, many experimental trials are conducted on university campuses and labs, at research field stations, and in growers' orchards.
The European Union (EU) recently revised the definition of the residues included under the limits for the pesticide fosetyl-al (Aliette).
The California Walnut Board and Commission will be conducting elections for the upcoming term beginning September 1, 2015.
Keep up with the latest in the walnut industry. See the list of all the UC Extension Service Meetings as well as a couple others at which CWC will be exhibiting.
By Lynn Morgan
Data from the 2012 Agricultural Census, shows that the primary owner/operators of our farms in California are white males. For example, of all farms in California, 18% are owned and operated by women, implying that the remaining 82% are operated by men.