- Walnut Halves (Size #1) 76.60%
- Sugar 11.36%
- Water 9.70%
- Orange Zest 1.77%
- Salt 0.40%
- *Natural Orange Flavor 0.17%
Applications: Confections and snacks
- Mix together the water and sugar to make a simple syrup with desired consistency and brix level.
- Add the orange flavor to the simple syrup.
- Load up the kettle with walnuts and slowly add about 25% of the simple syrup to the mixture.
- Slowly add more simple syrup while continually stirring until nuts are fully coated.
- Cook until the sugar is crystallized. When the sugar begins to melt back into a syrup, turn off the fire and add the salt and orange zest.
- Remove the batch from the cooker and pour onto a cooling belt.
- Final product can be packaged in single serving bags or bulk.