Nutty walnuts perfectly complement the spicy flavor of chipotle peppers. Serve as-is with baked tortilla chips for a quick snack.
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Adobo chipotle pepper, small, plus 2 teaspoons sauce from can
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, fresh, lightly packed
- Puree beans, lime juice, olive oil, salt, chipotle pepper with sauce and garlic in a food processor.
- Add walnuts and cilantro and pulse to chop.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (May be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.)
Toasted and chopped California walnuts, sour cream, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes