Simple walnut breakfast cookie that is excellent for on-the-go breakfasts or snack, and are ideal for freezing.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple, crushed, well-drained
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk powder, skim, instant
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups oatmeal, quick-cooking (not instant)
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 1 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy; beat in the vanilla. Next, stir in the crushed pineapple.
- In separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients until well combined. Add the dry ingredients into the pineapple mixture and stir until well combined.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake in 350° F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking rack.