This simple pizza using store bought dough is topped with California walnuts, sweet caramelized onions and pesto.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 red onions, medium, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Refrigerated or prepared pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pesto, basil, prepared
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions; cook, stirring often until caramelized. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Sprinkle 2 baking sheets with cornmeal. Divide dough in half; using hands or rolling pin, shape into 2 oblong crusts, each approximately 6 x 14 inches.
- Spread pesto over each crust; top with onions. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Brush edges with remaining oil.
- Bake in the bottom third of oven at 450° F for about 18 minutes, or until crust is a deep golden colour. Cut each pizza into 8 pieces.