This easy salad recipe with toasted walnuts is perfect for a summer picnic, in a sandwich, or as a light snack in pita bread.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, eggless, vegan, light canola
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, nonfat
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons tarragon leaves, fresh, minced (optional)
- Butter lettuce or radicchio leaves, for serving
- Tarragon leaves, fresh, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon zest, vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper; whisk well. Add the chicken, walnuts, celery, grapes and green onion; toss to coat.
- To serve, spoon the chicken salad into butter lettuce or radicchio leaves and garnish with a sprinkling of tarragon leaves, and serve immediately.