This light and flavorful egg dish with walnuts and chiles is great for a casual brunch. Because it uses egg substitute and light cheese, it contains very little cholesterol.
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cottage cheese, fat-free
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, reduced-fat, grated
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, toasted if desired, chopped
- 1/4 cup green chiles, mild, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour egg substitute into large bowl. Sift combined flour and baking powder over egg. Beat until completely blended. Beat in cottage and cheddar cheese, walnuts and chiles.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven about 35 minutes until puffy and set, and knife inserted slightly off-center comes out clean.