These make an addictive snack, great hostess gift, and are wonderful added to salads. Or try them with Cindy Pawlcyn's Walnut Torte for a delicious dessert.
- 1 cup California walnut halves
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Canola oil for frying
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Boil the nuts for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain the walnuts and toss in the powdered sugar.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil to 365°F. Deep-fry the walnuts for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Place on sheet pan and sprinkle with salt. Store in an airtight container.