Try this smartened-up treat featuring California walnuts. Cranberry Pear Tartlets offer less saturated fat and sugar than traditional apple tartlets.
- 1/2 cup cranberries, fresh
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pears, ripe, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2, 2.1 ounce boxes mini phyllo shells, thawed
- 1/4 cup California walnuts, chopped
- Orange zest, finely grated
- Place cranberries, honey, allspice and cinnamon in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in pears and simmer for 10 minutes or until excess liquid has cooked off. Let cool, then spoon mixture into phyllo shells.
- Top with walnuts, then lightly grate orange zest over the top.