- 3 tablespoons (or so) breadcrumbs, whole-wheat
- 1 tablespoon California walnuts, finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 eggs, large
- Dash of salt
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- In a medium-sized (9-inch) skillet, toast the dry breadcrumbs and walnuts over low heat, stirring pretty much constantly and keeping watch. They will brown quickly. After they appear to be toasted (just a few minutes in) add the olive oil, stirring it into the crumbs.
- Push the oiled crumbs into two flat beds (not too thick –leave some crumbs on the side) and drop an egg onto each. Spoon any extra crumbs over the tops of the eggs, and sprinkle very lightly with salt.
- Cover the pan, and cook very slowly – lowest possible heat, so the crumbs won't get too dark. Carefully but firmly loosen and lift them out with the spatula onto a waiting plate and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve right away.