Easy fruit salad with three different colors of grapes, honeyed walnuts, greens, mint and feta cheese.
- 1 cup green grapes, seedless, halved
- 1 cup red grapes, seedless, halved
- 1 cup black grapes, seedless, halved
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 cup California walnut halves
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup mint leaf chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- Lemon zest, for garnish
The commentary expressed on consumer submitted recipes is the opinion of the author and not of the California Walnut Board. Any claims about the health benefits of the recipe have not been approved by the CWB or reviewed for their accuracy This is a prize-winning recipe in the Smart Salads recipe contest submitted by Roxanne Chan.
- Place the grapes in a heat-proof shallow dish. In a medium saucepan bring the 1/2 cup honey, the water, and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook over medium-high heat until the liquid is syrupy, about 5 minutes. Strain over the grapes. Cover and chill.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Combine the walnuts and 2 tablespoons honey in a small bowl to evenly coat. Spread out the nuts on the baking sheet and bake at 300°F 20 to 25 minutes or until dry looking; cool.
- To serve, arrange the greens and mint on a platter; drain the grapes, reserving the syrup. Add the lemon juice to the syrup. Top the greens with the grapes followed by the walnuts, then drizzle the lemon syrup over top and sprinkle on the cheese. Garnish with the zest.