Dress up freshly grilled corn on the cob with a garlicky walnut pesto that brightens summer meals.
- Fresh corn on the cob, husked (8 cobs)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large bunch fresh basil (~2.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup California walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup California walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place walnuts (for marinade and salsa) on a baking sheet. Toast walnuts for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Roughly chop when cool.
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat. Clean and lightly oil your grill. Brush each corn on the cob with vegetable oil. Place on the grill.
2. Grill corn for 10-15 minutes, rotating corn 2-3 times throughout cooking time. Remove corn from grill and place onto serving platter.
1. While corn is cooking, prepare pesto. Add basil, parsley, 1 cup walnuts, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, about 30 seconds.
2. Drizzle in olive oil and process until combined, 15-20 seconds. Spoon pesto into a bowl.
1. Smear pesto with a knife over the top side of each corn on the cob. Sprinkle corn with 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts. Serve.