- 1/4 cup California Walnut Butter
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime OR lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound scallops
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro OR parsley
- To make the dipping sauce, in a small bowl blend together the walnut butter, (yogurt, if needed), lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper flakes, set aside.
- Spread the green onions and cilantro on a serving platter. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Coat a large skillet, preferably nonstick, with nonstick cooking spray and place over moderate heat. Add the scallops and stir and toss them in the hot pan for 3-4 minutes, until they are lightly browned and cooked through.
- Place the scallops on top of the green onions and cilantro and drizzle with some of the sauce. Serve the remaining sauce at the table.