Until you’ve tasted zucchini raw, you haven’t experienced its true potential.
- 1 large, firm zucchini
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons of the best-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Fleur de sel, sel gris or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup/60 ml sheep's milk ricotta or ricotta
- 1/2 cup/55g toasted California walnuts, broken in pieces
- Lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel your zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strips. Toss in a medium bowl with the lemon juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and dollop the ricotta over the top. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and finish with a light drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.