These walnut ice cream bonbons are a perfect treat that is sure to make kids and adults alike smile.
- 1 pint of ice cream
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 1 cup California walnut pieces, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Scoop 12 small round balls of ice cream with a melon baller or spoon and insert a lollipop stick into the center. Freeze at least 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine walnuts, maple syrup, sugar and cinnamon, stirring well to coat.
- Pour mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spreading onto one layer. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once in between, until light golden brown. Let cool.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave on high for three 30-second increments or on a double boiler, stirring in between. Dip one ice cream lollipop in chocolate, gently shaking off excess and quickly roll bottom into walnut mixture. Place back into freezer until ready to serve. Repeat steps with remaining bonbons.
*Tip: Lollipop sticks can be purchased at bulk stores.