- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked as package directs, drained
- 1 26-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1 16-ounce container ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees)
- 1 cup cooked mushrooms (see recipe for mushrooms above)
- To prepare mushrooms: Melt butter and oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir occasionally, cooking 10 -12 minutes, until mushrooms are softened and browned. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spoon marinara sauce into 12 x 7-inch baking dish, reserving 1 cup sauce.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, egg and parsley. Scoop into a gallon-sized plastic bag. Clip off corner of bag.
- Lay lasagna noodles out flat. Squeeze cheese mixture down center of each lasagna strip. Layer mushrooms over cheese. Sprinkle walnuts over mushrooms. Carefully roll up noodles. Place seam-side down in baking dish. Top with remaining sauce. Bake 35 minutes, until heated through.