Easy pumpkin bread recipe featuring heart healthy California walnuts that is extra moist thanks to the inclusion of tangy vanilla yogurt.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon each: baking powder and baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (6-ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped California walnuts, divided (Optional: Try pre-packaged glazed walnuts for a sweeter version.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly butter a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Stir together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk together pumpkin, yogurt, oil, extract and eggs in a medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts and spoon into prepared pan; sprinkle with reserved walnuts. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before removing from pan.